Friday 28 April 2017

Books I've Read

I decided to update my Goodreads author account by adding some information about myself and some of the books I’ve read. After I’d finished I was surprised by just how many books I’d added to my read list, especially when I realised how many classics I’ve read. I think the main reason for this is that when I was a child my mother gave me all her old books, which happened to be the classics, and I went straight from reading children’s books onto reading these. I loved the look and smell of the books and the fact I had to be careful turning the pages because the paper was so old and delicate in some of them. I think that was one of the reasons I really enjoyed reading them so much since not only did the writing take me back to a bygone era but the actual books looked like they came from that era as well.

Unfortunately there are only so many classics that were written and since I’ve always loved anything science fiction, adventure or fantasy I then moved onto mainly reading these genres. I’ve read other genres such as romance, horror and drama as well which I enjoyed but often found they didn’t grab my attention and make me want to keep reading the way a good fantasy or sci-fi can. The biggest problem I’ve had over the years though has been a lack of space to keep all the books I’ve read and so I did move onto reading eBooks. It’s great from a storage and environmental point of view but I have to admit sometimes I still prefer to read a paperback, to me it’s part of the reading experience.

I’ve still got to add more books to my read list since I haven’t even come close to adding all the books I’ve ever read and I can’t even remember half the ones I’ve read from the library over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment