Monday 13 April 2015

Dragons

I love dragons and even attempted to carve one and incorporate it into one of my artistic pieces titled Release - Dragon Sculpture. I’m not really sure why I have such a passion for them but I guess it’s because I envisage them as being large majestic creatures that can fly across the sky, a sight that would be amazing to witness or maybe not if you’re the one it’s chasing. Also the very mention of dragons brings to mind a fantasy world filled with adventure where anything is possible.

As soon as I mention that I’m writing a fantasy book many people automatically say ‘ooh dragons’ and I suppose they have become very synonymous with the fantasy genre. That’s the problem though, there are just so many stories featuring dragons that I decided not to include them in my first fantasy book. However I’m now seriously considering writing a dragon into my sequel if I can find a way to incorporate it in an interesting way.

I’m currently in the process of planning the storyline for the second book in more depth and ensuring everything ties up neatly with the events that occurred in the first. So it’s decision time now and I have to decide whether to include a dragon or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment