Friday 27 March 2015

Editing My New Fantasy Book

I’ve been busy editing/rewriting the first draft of my new fantasy book. I asked someone to read through the whole story and give me feedback which was really helpful as it was great to have someone else’s perspective on the book. The only trouble with the editing is that I find I end up second guessing myself too much if I’m not careful. It’s tough finding a happy balance between making improvements and getting carried away and changing things for the worse.

The other problem is I keep thinking of new things and extra details I want to include in the story but I think it’s finally getting to the finished stage. So now I can start concentrating on writing the second book in the series and then I will make final alterations to this one later.

Although l also need to proofread, typeset and think of a name for book 1 of the series I’ve now got a really good idea of what to do for the cover so it’s starting to all come together into the finished article which is exciting. Thinking of a title is probably my biggest hurdle at the moment but I am hoping if I focus on writing the second book maybe ideas for titles of both books might just come to me. If not I will have to sit down and have a really big brainstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment